Carpet flooring has grabbed a lot of attention amongst home makers in the world. The varieties, colors and the character that they impart to your home gives a very warm and welcoming feel. They are available in many forms in which they are made, like, tufted, knotted or woven. They come in options of carpet squares, area rugs or as wall to wall carpet types. One can choose from the wide variety of carpet flooring available. These type of flooring options are available with many hardware or home improvement stores. The wall to wall carpets can be installed on your own, but it is usually better to get some professional installers to do them for you. Carpet floorings come with a mixed bag of advantages and disadvantages. So, one should keep them in mind when looking for flooring options.
Advantages of Carpet flooring
There are many advantages of carpet flooring, some of them are:
– Comfortability: They provide utmost comfortability to your feet. The soft, cozy, cushiony feeling is just great. None of the other floorings can give as ease to your feet as the carpet flooring does.
– Warm and insulated: Carpet flooring offer a great feeling of warmth. Winters is the time when, especially, one can feel the importance of these floorings. One can easily avoid that cold winter morning feet feeling with these carpet floorings. They also provide insulating properties which keeps the interiors warm for longer times and saves energy too.
– Safety: These kind of flooring are best suited for children and aged people’s rooms. As they provide safety in case they slip or fall.
– Improves the aesthetics of your dwelling: carpets being very catchy, colourful, eye-catching etc. it automatically increases the aesthetics of the place.
Disadvantages of Carpet floorings
Along with the great plus points of installing carpet floorings there are some negative marks to it
too, for following reasons:
– Maintenance of the carpet: The most important and crucial negative point of these kind of flooring is maintenance. It needs proper vacuum cleaning or water based steam cleaning to make it look good.
– Moisture and stain attractant: these floor absorb water and get damp at times, they also get stained and look untidy if not cleaned regularly and properly.